I have bombarded Pinterest, and all of my cookbooks to scrape together some meals and lunches that I haven’t made yet- I hate when it seems like I am making the same 5 meals over and over again, but that is exactly what I do! Especially when it comes to eating clean and healthy foods, I just hit a wall of boredom. I love to bake muffins and cookies for the kids, and I can’t eat that if I am eating “clean” so I stop making them entirely. Well, I found a great recipe to satisfy my need for a muffin without derailing my healthy eating efforts.
Not only does this recipe make muffins, it makes pancakes, so you get 2 clean-recipes for the price of 1- which is free. So, “you’re welcome,” I guess! I have to be honest. These taste like clean-eating muffins…but their muffins. And I appreciate the fact that I am eating them at all and still staying on a clean-eating plan. So, enjoy if you too need some variation in your diet and have a cup of tea and a muffin…or pancake!
Your 2-for-1 recipe:
2-in-1 Recipe:Clean Eating Muffins or Pancakes
For a great, clean eating snack that is Advocare 24-Day Challenge approved!
- 1/2 cup dry oats
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 packet Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray your muffin tin.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon, cocoa and stevia.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk your egg whites and oil until frothy.
- Add to the dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour into 6 muffin cups or 12 mini-muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes for 6, and 7-10 for mini.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium.Spray or add a bit of oil.
- Add all ingredients to a blender.Blend until combined.
- Pour into 6 pancakes, flipping when brown on one side.
- *Serve with your favorite fruit or syrup.
I analyzed the calories from www.caloriecount.com.
*For the pancakes, adding fruit or syrup increases your calorie count by what you use.
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com