I thought since, I have been following my Advocare® 24-Day Challenge (affiliate link) all week, that I would share my meal plan for the week along with a super yummy, and vegetarian dish to make, Cabbage Sauté. This is a go-to side dish that I make a lot, but particularly now on the 24-Day clean eating plan. You will love it as a side dish too, but you can add some brown rice and a protein like tofu (or chicken) and this is a complete and delicious meal.
Under 5 ingredients, and minimal chopping make this a great vegetable to serve up for a weeknight dinner!
- 1-2 Tbsp.olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp.Bragg Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos*
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Rough chop the cabbage into chunks. Add to the pan.
- Peel and shred the carrots. Add to the pan.
- Peel and dice the onion. Add to the pan.
- Add the aminos and pepper and cover, continuing to cook until wilted and lightly caramelized, for about 10 minutes, stirring half way through.
- If you need to, continue to cook with the lid off for 5 additional minutes until done.
*Bragg's Liquid Aminos and Coconut Aminos are soy-sauce alternatives. You can certainly use soy-sauce, or tamari if you prefer.
**Make it a meal: Serve with grilled chicken or tofu, and rice.
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com
This is a good go-to recipe, because, even if you don’t plan for it, cabbage keeps in the refrigerator for a really long time, and everyone has carrots and onions around most of the time. I like this recipe for breakfast with an egg on top, or if I add Addell’s chicken sausage with apple (no dairy). Or for dinner, if I am eating only this, I would add grilled chicken, or the chicken sausage, or tofu and whatever leftover rice I have. I like that it is great to just have around so I am not worried about what to make. It is perfect for clean eating, Whole-30, Advocare, or Paleo eating.
Now some background on eating while doing the Advocare® 24-Day Challenge (affiliate link), because they want you to eat every 3-4 hours. That is 3 meals, and 3 snacks. Lots of food, so you have to be ready to know what you can eat!
The basic dietary suggestions of the challenge are the following:
- Veggies: salads, steamed, roasted
- Fruit: fibrous and low glycemic choices (apples, grapefruit, berries)
- Healthy Fats: avocado, nuts/seeds, olives/olive oil
- Clean Proteins: feed muscle and reduce appetite (tuna and salmon will aid in cleansing: eggs/chicken/beef would be secondary options; stay away from processed lunch meats)
- Clean Complex Carbs: rice, hummus, oatmeal, sweet potato
Avoid or Minimize:
- Fried foods, refined sugars, corn or white starches
- Refined wheat products: bread, crackers, etc.
- Dairy: cheese, yogurt, milk, white sauces or dressing
- Alcohol: you’re on a cleanse…hold off if you can
- Coffee or soda: drink water or SPARK
And without further ado, I give you an easy to follow plan for the first week of the Advocare® 24-Day Challenge (affiliate link):
PRINTABLE VERSION from GOOGLE DOCS
I try to keep it planned ahead, keep it as simple as possible, make a lot of food ahead of time:
- hard boiled eggs
- brown rice
- cut up veggies for snacking
- buy lots of fruit
- grill a bunch of chicken breasts
- make a pot of soup
- Coconut aminos
- Oil and Vinegar
- Rice cakes
Simplicity and planning ahead are key when following any eating plan, and this is the same idea. I use some recipes that are crockpot, and some make-aheads for say, salads. I do a big grocery shop for all the pantry items and basics (like chicken breasts or lettuce) so I am ready for the week. Let me know if you have any questions, and I will be 100% honest. If I don’t know the answer, I will direct you to someone who does!
What do you think? Would you follow a plan like this? I put the supplements and Advocare® products in bold in the plan, so you could still follow it as a clean eating, protein-strong, small meals throughout the day type of plan no matter if you use the products or not!
Have a great rest of the weekend, my friends~ and consider joining along for next week’s eating plan too, for days 8-14!
I am sharing today’s post with fitness and food over at Ilka and Angela’s blogs and including it in tomorrow’s Meatless Monday posts with Deborah and Ann Marie. Go check these bloggers out!
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, doctor or expert and everything I share in this post is my experience or links from others also sharing their experiences. I am a distributor for Advocare® and this post does contain affiliate links, so if you order from any links here, your costs NEVER change, but I will receive compensation. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.