Here it is friends. My third kale salad on the blog. You love them, so I am making them. I love them too, maybe even more than you do, and even more amazingly, my husband loves them. So I make kale salads all the time. I only can alter it so much though- add too many crazy things and it gets a bit weird. You still have to follow a basic recipe of oil and acid and crunch and sweet. That’s it.
I used some great, juicy oranges that I had for this salad and you just need to section them for perfect, skin-free slices:
Then I add the avocado in cubes:
Add a lot of pepper, and you are good to go!
Citrus Kale Salad with Toasted Almonds and Avocado. You. Are very welcome.
Citrus Kale Salad with Toasted Almonds & Avocado
The citrus and aminos in this bright salad are reminiscent of asian flavors and the crunch of the almonds with the creamy avocados make a perfect balance of textures.
- 4 cups washed and chopped kale
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Braggs Aminos or Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 oranges
- 2 Tbsp. almond slices ( or your favorite nuts)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the kale.
- Add the oil and using your very clean hands (I know! but you can wipe them off after), rub the oil into the kale until it's fully covered in oil.
- Add the aminos.
- Cut one orange in half, and squeeze each half's juice onto the kale. With the other orange, you are going to cut it into sections. Add the sections to the bowl.
- In a small saute pan, on medium heat, toast your almonds, shaking the pan every so often so they don't burn. Remove from heat once they are light brown and add to the bowl.
- Cut the avocado into cubes and add this.
- Pepper generously.
- Mix with a large spoon until it is all combined. Serve.
This will keep in the fridge without getting soggy for a while- kale is a tough green, so when you are "massaging" the oil in the first part of the recipe, this will help make the greens a bit more tender.
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com
If you love kale salads too- try these others:
Spring Radish, Clementine & Feta Kale Salad
Sara’s Nutty Kale Salad
Rice & Kale Salad