This unique but delicious salsa was a huge hit for our Thanksgiving party, so I wanted to share how I made it, and how easy it is to do. The key to bringing an appetizer to someone else’s party, is that you don’t want to inconvenience your host. Here are 3 things to generally keep in mind:
#1: Bring your own serving platter. Or serving pieces. Mark them with a piece of tape and your name on the bottom, so your host can return to you.
#2: Have it already warmed/heated or make something that doesn’t require heating. I like to either do room-temp heated apps, or something I can keep warm in a mini-crockpot. A third option is a dip- perfect to bring with healthy cut veggies, or some fresh fruit.
#3. Make or bring it, only if asked. Keep in mind that your host might want to leave the guests wanting more…like the nice meal she has planned the night for. If someone brings an appetizer that is too filling, then no one wants the dinner your host has made! Ask.
Okay. So now, you need a no-cook, make-ahead, pretty appetizer… Here’s your guy:
Delicious Cranberry Salsa Appetizer
A beautiful and easy appetizer for the holidays~
- ½ of a 12 oz package fresh cranberries
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp.fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1 8 oz package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 package crackers
1. Chop the cranberries in a food processor. You could also, just chop them up until they are little pieces. Scrape into a large bowl.
2. Chop the green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces and add to the cranberries.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients (except the cream cheese or crackers) to the mixture. Mix them all together, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let the cranberries and sugar mix (I did mine the night before).
4. When you are ready to serve, place your softened cream cheese brick into a pie plate and and spread out as evenly as you can.
5. Spread the cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese.
6. Serve immediately with your cracker of choice (I used a sturdy cracker, like a rice cracker, as the softer ones crumble with the cream cheese).
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com
A beautiful thing.
Linked with Foodie Friday, Pin Junkie, Tasty Tuesday, Katherine’s Corner,
Full Plate Thursday, Gator Mommy, Funtastic Friday