This healthy pumpkin pudding, tastes just like pumpkin pie without the crust! It is made with NO refined sugar and sweetened with real maple syrup. what is better than maple and pumpkin together?! Not much, I think.
We have been trying to reign in the sweets every night. Some treats for late night snacking have been:
Dates stuffed with natural nut butter
Crispy Chocolate Balls (or some variation of this)
Apple slices dipped in nut butter
Cut up fruit
But I have been trying out re-making my recipes without sugar and using honey or maple syrup and still trying to keep the fat low. This is super hard. If you take out the fat, you need more sugar. If you take out the sugar, you need more fat. So there’s a balance…Some recipes are still in the works, as they don’t always look as pretty, and actually they look pretty ugly and my kids won’t eat them! This pumpkin pudding is getting made again and again, because it makes sense and works! It is low-fat and I cut the sugar enough for what we still enjoy but feel good about eating. I think you are going to love this!
This is my answer to an indulgent dessert, made healthy! I absolutely love this crustless pumpkin custard that tastes just like pumpkin pie! You will love this!
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 can (14oz) of pureed pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 can (12 oz) of evaporated milk (full, lowfat or nonfat are fine)
- Spray an 8X8 or 9X9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- In a small bowl mix the spices and salt: cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and mix them up a bit. Add the pumpkin and mix. Add in the maple syrup and stir. Add the spice mixture and stir. Finally, add the evaporated milk and mix until it is all smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. It should be a bit wiggly in the center, but you can test by inserting a knife into the center- when you remove the knife it should come out clean. If it doesn't cook it a bit more. Cool on a rack. Serve alone or with your favorite whipped cream.
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com
Honestly, this is all you need except add in 2 eggs:
I think there are so many plusses on this one. Easy ingredients, inexpensive to make, easy to make and fast to cook. It is just the thing on those nights when you want something sweet, but you don’t want to derail the diet!
Just mix and bake!
I hope you try this!
If you make it, let me know or take a picture and tag @hardlyagoddess!
Linking with FiestaFriday, Sugar & Spice, and Meatless Monday~ Go take a peak!