Every time I make Sangria, I do it a little bit differently. It is a very forgiving beverage to make for a crowd, I must say. And summertime lends itself to a less potent type of drink…so Lemonade-Sangria, or sometimes like today, I like to act fancy, so we’re calling it Lemony White Sangria. That way, you know it’s the white wine we’re after…not the red one…which we also love.
This is so, so easy, and each time I make it, no one is very impressed, but they manage to drink it all (!) and then ask me for the recipe! Then they just keep drinking it up. I always make a huge batch and then say that I will make a double batch the next time. Agh, well.
Here it is: Lemony White Sangria
One 12oz can of frozen lemonade (either pink or white)
1 small bag of frozen berries (either raspberries or strawberries)
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1 large bottle (1.5L) of Savingon Blanc or Pinot Grigio (NOT sweet, white wine)
1 1/2 cups of vodka (or just fill up the empty lemonade can)
2 cans of berry flavored seltzer, reserve until serving
In a large pitcher, add the lemonade and the wine, stirring until the lemonade is dissolved. Add the berries, lemon, and vodka and stir. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Just before serving, add the 2 cans of seltzer, stir, and then serve cold.
Do you love lemon flavored anything? Do you love lemonade? I love it! There are some goodies in the Foodie Extravaganza line-up that I think you will love, hosted by Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Dairy-Free Frosted Lemonade by Cookaholic Wife
- Frosty Raw Strawberry Lemonade by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Honey Mint Lemonade by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Lemony White Sangria by Hardly A Goddess
- Papaya Lemonade (or cocktail!) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peachy Lemonade by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pineapple Pink Lemonade Shaved Ice by Food Lust People Love
- Shikanji (Indian Lemonade) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Sparkling Apple and Watermelon Lemonade Spritzers by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sparkling Blue Basil Lemonade by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sparkling Milk Lemonade by Our Good Life
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.