These are a mildly flavored, kid-friendly muffin that I like to serve with soup or chili. Usually, I will have about 10-15 left over, and I freeze them to save for another little treat that I can just pull a few out and warm in the toaster oven when I want them or I pack them for a little snack in their lunchboxes the next day.
Low Fat Mini Corn Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1Tbsp. aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup low fat milk, or almond milk
- 1/3 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 beaten eggs
1. Mix the first 4 ingredients (DRY) in a big bowl. Whisk these to fully mix.
2. In a separate bowl add the (WET) milk, yogurt, honey, and eggs. Mix thoroughly until the eggs are fully beaten and yogurt is mixed in.
3. Add the WET to the DRY in the large bowl, all at once.
4. Mix gently with a spatula until fully incorporated.
Let sit 2 minutes. The mixture actually puffs a little. It gets nice and fluffy!
5. Put 1 Tablespoon of batter into greased mini-muffin tins, or fill regular muffin tins, ¾ full.
6. Bake at 425* for 8-10 minutes for the minis, or 18-25 minutes for the regular sized muffins.
7. Test with wooden toothpick inserted into the center and when pulled out, is free of crumb. Cool on a rack.
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com
Mini muffins and chili- Perfect for a cold day!
Perfect…AND low fat!