I told you that I’d try to get out a meal plan for you all this month before the end of the weekend, and I did- but I also realized that I haven’t included many recipes on here that I actually use, so I will be doing a lot of catch-up and make-ahead posts to help build up the recipe archive.
This time around, the meal-idea-making was a big challenge for me. Not only to plan out a full month of dinners, but March is a super long month- actually just 5 weeks- but it seemed super long when I had to think of all those dinners!
The way that I use this calendar is very interchangeable and flexible for me, so I can easily change it up depending on meat sales at various stores, or make changes if something unexpectedly comes up in our schedule: an overnight visit from family, an impromptu dinner out, take-out because I am sick of cooking!… But knowing each week what I will need to buy for a menu, lets me make a really easy grocery list. I was happy with how well it worked in February, despite some upheaval in my picky-eater’s club. They haven’t managed mutiny yet, and I think they just may come around evenually! I have definitely seen some improvements through all those tears…mine and theirs! This a life-changer for me, I know. I am preaching to myself here a bit, as March, truly is a long month. Wish me good luck and cooking once again!
Breaking the month down for you, by week:
- Spaghetti & Meatballs – salad – bread
- Crockpot porkloin – potatoes – veg
- Turkey Kielbasa with pierogi – veg
- Homemade Frenchtoast Sticks – fruit salad
- Lasagna Roll-ups -veg tray
- Willow-Tree Chicken Pie – potato – veg.
- Healthier Chicken Parm – bread, salad
- Chicken Mini-Sliders, potato fries
- Whole chicken in crockpot
- Soup made with broth from whole chicken
- Homemade pizza
- Baked BBQ chicken legs, veg, rice
- 3-Pepper Skillet Pork Chops (this recipe is awesome!)
- Homemade Crispy Chicken Nuggets
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- Breakfast for dinner- Hash from Corned Beef
- Steak Tips, oven fries, veg
- Homemade Pizza
- Maple-Dijon Chicken Thighs
March 22- 28
- Stuffed Shells
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Black Bean Soup, grilled cheeses, veg-tray
- Pasta, chicken, sausage, veg
- Oven Baked Pork Chops
March 29-April 4
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- CC Pancakes, eggs, bacon
- Quick Chicken Marsala
- Salsa Chicken Pasta
- Mini-meatloaves, oven fries, veg.
As, I said, I will be posting lots of these recipes above, but also some fun ones in-between- so Stay Tuned and Share with your friends, and please comment if a recipe or this meal plan is working for you!