Quick & Dirty this week my friends. I need to keep it together this week so menu-planning will probably be my sanity-saver. I have a marathon in 7 days…and counting. So this week, I am pretty much focused on using as much hand-sanitizer as I can find, and taking Emergen-C like my life depended on it! “Not getting sick” is my mantra this week, where we just got over a weird germ than ran through the house, and today, my husband has a really bad head cold…This is where I wish I could open the windows, but it is freezing outside and I can’t bring myself to do it. Everyone at work seems to be sick too, so I open all the door with my jacket and not hand, and seriously wipe everything down, all the time- like a crazy lady. The only thing I can control is the menu, though, so that is where I will focus for now!
Here’s the plan for week October 5-October 11:
- Monday– Steak Tips, veggies
- Tuesday– 2 Chickens in the crockpot today, so Chicken Quesadillas, Make chicken soup to freeze ahead.
- Wednesday– Chicken Pot Pie
- Thursday– Meatballs, Spaghetti, Salad
- Friday– Homemade chicken cutlets, sweet potato fries, kale/veggie sticks
- Saturday– Grilled Chicken, pasta, broccoli
- Sunday– MARATHON Sunday!!! WohootWohoot! No idea, but probably takeout!!
Last week, I didn’t plan ahead for anything but dinners, and I ended up going to the store WAY to often, so this week , I plan to have lots of options for breakfast:
- Pancake mix- made ahead of time
- Oatmeal/blueberries/maple syrup
- Homemade Any-kind Muffins
- Cold Cereals
And for lunches, I need to make sure there are more options than just peanut butter sandwiches:
- Cold-cuts, cheese
- Homemade granola bars
- Pasta Salad
- Salad & Fixings, Veggie Sticks, Fruit Salads
As far as prepping for the marathon, I want to try to focus on lots of water, keeping fiber kind of low toward the end of the week and keep it protein with pasta or rice, and low-fiber veggies. Sweet potatoes, kale and beets in my salads all week until Friday though~ No dairy or soda/seltzer toward the end of the week either. Wish me luck staying healthy this week, because it’s just me against the Germs. We shall see!
I have loved linking up with some other blogs to get dinner ideas and meals, so check out OrgJunkie , Mommy Run Fast or Fitness, Health and Happiness for some great ideas at the link-ups for menus to use to simplify your recipe planning. Have a wonderful Monday, and week ahead!