This winter is so tricky! It is February, but as balmy as an April day out there! I am aching for Spring when it’s like this, aren’t you?
In light of this, I am looking for a Springtime dessert to treat ourselves with around here, and this easy to make, berry pie, made even easier with filo-cups (either store bought or homemade) fits the bill quite perfectly!
I think people are afraid to make pie because they think it is too involved. But with the filo, it is easy-peasy, and more so if you buy the filo-cups pre-made! That said, I think this homemade filo-cup version is also super easy, and tastes superior to the store-bought.
You may remember my recipe for the Easiest Blueberry Pie recipe, and I am making this again here, but instead of making one big pie, I am making individual cups made with crispy filo dusted with cinnamon so everyone gets their own special dessert! Homemade filo cups freeze really well, so you can do this ahead of time, to make your creations happen in minutes!
Here’s the recipe for the filo cups:
Here’s the recipe for my easy No-Bake Blueberry Mini Filo Pies
12 ounces blueberries (I used a large bag of frozen- not thawed)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
Put the blueberries in a saucepan. Mix the flour and water in a separate small bowl, then add to the pan. Add the sugar and salt. Cook on high until it comes to a boil and then lower to a low- medium heat, simmering for 7-10 minutes. Stir frequently until thickened and the berries are a darker color. Some berries will pop. Remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes.
After set, store in the refrigerator. Top with your favorite whipped cream just before serving!
Seriously, it’s this easy. I didn’t leave any steps out, I swear it! The filling is the easiest that I have ever heard of, and it is soso good!
Just so you know, I am a little pie-obsessed these days. Aside from the cute little bites above, I have been consumed with pie for breakfast (quiche), pie for lunch (sweet potato & kale tart), and of course, pie for dessert (this little chocolate number). The amazing home-cooks at #SundaySupper are a little obsessed too! Check out all the awesome recipes below:
Sweet As Pie
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement