In the middle of winter, this beauty, can make you feel like the sun is shining bright!
Let’s create a sunny slaw with the peppery taste of arugula, shall we? Yes, let’s. I made a sweet citrus vinagrette too, that makes this a really nice and pretty addition to any meal. I choose a pulled pork situation, as slaw goes so nicely alongside, along with some corn muffins. Yes please. What I like about this recipe is that instead of mayo, I used low fat plain greek yogurt. It is not just a condiment, it has nutritive value- Plus, it tastes fattening, so I like it! The pineapple combined with the dressing is perfect. But don’t let it sit around because, like all coleslaw, this one is better enjoyed soon after mixing.
Let’s get to making this!
While we are enjoying our pineapple yumminess, we can feel so so good about eating this pretty and sweet fruit that is healthy and has some interesting info. on it!
*from Encyclopedia Brittanica online
- It is an excellent source of natural anti-inflammatory properties, which is great for joints and heart health- WIN
- It is low in calories- 70-85 calories a cup!
- Has 2-3 grams of fiber per cup to help fill you up and keep things moving (ahem).
- Weird fact: Total world production of pineapples ordinarily averages about 8,300,000 metric tons annually- wow.
- Weird fact #2: If you cut the leaves of and plant the top, you can grow your own pineapple…that is if you live where it’s always warm- which I do not. But maybe you could!
Enjoy! And check out these recipe round-ups, where I am sharing:
Fiesta Friday! It’s a challenge! Healthy Recipe time!