So today is National Piña Colada Day! I’d love to say that I drink Piña Coladas all day poolside, but my friends… there are so very many reasons why this doesn’t happen. Here are just 3:
#1. My kids. They are, so I am not…at the pool sipping lazily.
#2. I don’t have a pool.
#3. I think I would be too tipsy to actually be by a pool with a solid drink in hand, so there is that danger factor which is kind of a buzz-kill right from the start, don’t you think?!
But honestly, I will usually tell you that I prefer to save my calories for dessert! Give me a wine spritzer by the pool, or an iced tea if you have one, and then give me this luscious dessert of creamy rice pudding, and sweet pineapple…top it with whipped cream and toasted coconut, and well…we have a Piña Colada…as Rice Pudding for dessert!
Rice pudding is a great summer dish to make for a get together, because it can be served room temperature or right from the refrigerator for a cool treat. Topped with either fresh crushed pineapple , or make it with this superb caramelized pineapple sauce, that I think is too easy, not to make! I was totally inspired by this recipe for Coconut Rice Pudding from Goya, and Carmelized Pineapple Sauce from Melissa d’Arabian to combine the two flavors for a perfect Piña Colada Rice Pudding recipe. Enjoy!
If you just crave the sweet and great combination of coconut and pineapple, I have some other great ideas that veer away from “just a cocktail” in my Sunday Supper crew. Thanks to Constance of Cosmopolitan Cornbread for hosting!
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.