Who doesn’t love lemonade and iced tea mixed together? It’s a great way to get some lemon and sweetness to tea…and if you add a touch of bourbon, you have a refreshing party drink!
According to Wikipedia, Arnold Palmer ordered his non-alcoholic version of the drink in a 3 parts iced tea to one part lemonade ratio, so often, that they named the drink after him. This version of mine just adds the alcohol.
It’s just a different ratio with an added topper of fizz and sweetness.
Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails
For 2 servings:
1 cup yellow lemonade from the carton
1 cup brewed iced tea ( black or orange-pekoe)
1/4 cup bourbon
splash (up to one inch at the top) of ginger ale
Directions: Get out 2 rocks glasses. Fill with ice. Divide the lemonade and iced tea between the glasses. Add 1/8 cup of bourbon to each glass. Stir it up- and then top with the ginger ale. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
For a large party-sized pitcher I use:
3 cups yellow lemonade in the carton
3 cups brewed iced tea ( black or orange-pekoe)
3/4 cups Bourbon
1 can ginger ale for fizz & sweetness right before serving
Mix it all together and serve in a pitcher filled with ice or large dispenser. Add the ginger ale right before serving for best fizz. It also adds a bit of sweetness for those who love their tea a bit sweeter! Of course lots of ice and garnish with a lemon slice. Enjoy!
*Note: If you like your drinks stronger, by all means add more bourbon! If you want a “mocktail” version of this just eliminate the bourbon and make a straight up “Arnold Palmer.”
A big “Thanks” to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure, the host of today’s #SundaySupper Simple Mixed Drinks collection of recipes!
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float by My Life Cookbook
- Classic Long Island Iced Tea by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Raspberry Lemonade Sparkler by My Blissful Mess
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.