Need a 10 minute dish to bring to your Halloween party using just 4 ingredients? This little “recipe” for Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites is your new fun dessert to bring, that both kids and adults will devour!
I know this of course, since it is VERY difficult to get these out the door without popping at least a couple in my mouth- they are finger food!
There really is no “recipe” for this- it’s just buying some things at the store and making this in about 5 minutes- the hardest part is unwrapping the chocolates!
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites
One bag of square shaped (waffled) pretzels
1 large bag of chocolate covered caramel candy (I used Hershey Rolo®s)
1 small bag of candy corn
coarse salt for sprinkling
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment.
- Place pretzels in a single layer all over the pan.
- Place an unwrapped Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
- Bake for 5 minutes- you want them soft, not melted!
- Take the pan out of the oven and quickly press one candy-corn in the center of each Rolo, pressing down to squish it a bit.
- Sprinkle the whole pan with coarse salt.
- Set up in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
I love these little bites because they are SO easy to make- Of course if it is not Halloween, you can press a little M&M on top instead of a candy corn, in the color the holiday represents: blue and white for Hannukah, red and green for Christmas, pink or red for Valentines….so easy.
If you love the Halloween finger-food idea, check out these great ideas from the other Sunday Supper bloggers:
Halloween Finger Foods #SundaySupper
Spooky Snacks and Starters
- Cheesy Ghost Chains by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cobweb Eggs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Ghouly Pumpkin Butter Biscuits by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Energy Bites by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pumpkin Patch Spicy Cheese Ball by Food Lust People Love
- Spooky Pizza Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spooky Snack Mix by Pies and Plots
- Vampire Blood Soup with Monster Grilled Cheese Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Zombie Fingers (Bacon Wrapped Dates) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bloody Eyeball Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Halloween Chocolate Bark by Life Tastes Good
- Homemade Almond Joy Candy Bars by Bites of Wellness
- Matcha Monster Rice Krispies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Frankenstein Cheesecakes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Warm Caramel Apple Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Witches Fingers Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.