This is comfort food. And frugal food. Cube steaks are an inexpensive cut of meat that works perfectly for a crockpot to tenderize all day. And also as a weeknight dinner that will feed a crowd. I love this recipe that sort of morphed from 5 other recipes that I make! It is a little bit BBQ and a lot of paprika- the flavors are over the top delicious! You can eat this over noodles or rice or even potatoes to sop up all the gravy that it makes.
Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika
2 onions, sliced (or one large)
1 small pkg mushrooms
6-8 Cube Steaks
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 TBSP. paprika
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 can beef broth
1/2 cup sour cream (reserved & optional)
*garnish with sliced scallions or chopped parsley
Here’s what to do:
- Spray your crockpot thoroughly and turn on low.
- Add the sliced onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the bottom of the pot.
- Dredge the steaks in flour, pepper and salt. Set on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the paprika over it all.
- Add the BBQ sauce and broth on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. When ready to serve, remove the meat and add 1 cup of sour cream to the crockpot. Stir until smooth. Add the meat back in and heat until the meat is warmed through- about 15 minutes more. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.
That’s it- we devoured this meal- The sour cream is totally optional- you can add 2 Tbsp. heavy cream or 1/2 cup of greek yogurt if you want instead.
Fall is all about comfort meals and busy nights with activities with the kids, so I really love this #SundaySupper theme week! I can get all new ideas for what to make in one stop today, and you can too- take a look:
Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes #SundaySupper
Desserts, Breakfasts, and Sides
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Banana Pudding by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Slower Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff by Flour On My Face
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls by My World Simplified
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pork by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo Poblano by Cooking On The Ranch
Soups, Stews, and Pastas
- Beef Massaman Curry (Slow Cooker) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Beefy Chili Mac by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese in a Crockpot by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Lentil Stew by Gourmet Everyday
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Bites of Wellness
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.