The Sunday Supper bloggers are honoring T.R. Crumbley, a fellow blogger and friend to many, who passed away this summer. We are making some of T.R.’s recipes or creating a gluten-free recipe of our own as T.R. was a gluten-free recipe creator.
While T.R.’s site is not up anymore, his recipes are archived in the WayBack Machine- something Sue Lau, of Palatable Pastime, reminded me of- she thinks just like a librarian! As it’s name implies, the WayBack Machine has a record of old and forgotten websites. As a librarian, I have used it a ton, to find old sites that just disappear. Sue, reminded us of the Wayback as a place to find T.R.’s recipes and I am so glad that I can honor him in this way and make a recipe directly from his own recipe collection. This is an exact copy by T.R.:
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
POSTED ON NOVEMBER 27, 2010, UPDATED ON MAY 7, 2016 BY T.R. CRUMBLEY
Not for the diabetic
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup Orange Juice
– 16 oz organic cranberries
– 1/4 cup dry white wine
– pot with lid
– potato masher
– Whisk together sugar and oj and bring to a boil on medium.
– Add cranberries and let boil until cranberries have popped
– Mash cranberries and add wine.
– Keep stirring for about 5, let stand to thicken and serve.
This is exactly how I did it, except I used non-organic cranberries. Just perfect. I love cranberry sauce – especially after Thanksgiving on my favorite sandwich, loaded with turkey and stuffing, and this yummy sauce- so good! This sauce is a 4-ingredient, 10 minute wonder…Thanks T.R.~
Here it is in my own words, and printable for you- worth making for sure!
“Knowing” someone only virtually, is a strange thing. I never got to meet T.R. face to face- but I chatted with him regularly…on Twitter in our Sunday Supper chats. Appropriately, this week is the last twiiter-chat for SundaySupper bloggers as we will no longer be chatting there on Sunday nights. The sun-downing of that social interaction, will hopefully bring new things to light, and hopefully T.R. would be honored by this. I am glad to have had the opportunity to “know” you a bit, T.R. Rest in peace~ For more recipes that honor T.R. and his gluten-free recipe legacy, check out the rest of the SundaySupper bloggers:
Gluten Free Sunday Supper Recipes
Sleigh Ride Starters
- Pepperoni Soft Pretzels by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Walnut Glaze by My Life Cookbook
- Savory Chickpea Banana Pepper Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- T.R.’s Mulled Cider Martini by Food Lust People Love
Seasons Greetings Sides
- Balsamic Braised Red Cabbage by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten Free Turkey Gravy by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing or Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash by Cooking Chat
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Squash With Cranberry Cider Glaze by The Crumby Kitchen
- T.R.’s Homemade Cranberry Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
Making Things Merry Main Dish
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Life Tastes Good
- Easy Mexican Chicken Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pork Fried Rice by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey Ham Scalloped Potatoes and Kale by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
Decking the Halls Desserts
- Chickpea Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Fudge by Our Good Life
- Grandma’s Peanut Butter Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- No Bake Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies by Simple and Savory
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- The Worlds Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies by Bites of Wellness
- White Chocolate Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Also linking up with Meatless Monday over at Confessions of a Mother Runner!