The Sunday Supper folks are adding to your easy and healthy make ahead, freezable meals this week!
These taco bean burgers are the easiest way that I know to stay full and healthy for lunch, no matter what diet I am following. These are a fantastic source of protein and fiber, and are as satisfying as a meat-burger, without all the fat. Plus they make a lot (8-10) and freeze super well.
I make these all the time, and have them on hand to serve over a salad, on an english muffin or flat-bread, or just plain with a tomato and some mustard on top. This is very Advocare friendly. If you are not trying to eat super-duper healthy, but love veggie burgers, make this burger as the base for my Big Bean Mac– you won’t be sorry!
I also have this recipe for Vegan Black Bean burgers, and for both recipes I use this technique which works great:
*I refrigerate the mixture for up to a half an hour.
*I use a 1/3 cup measure to form small, uniform patties.
*I let it cook on the bottom, until a crust forms, then I “flip & squish.” And then flip again.
*I make them on my griddle all at once, and then freeze to reheat in the microwave or on a skillet later.
So easy and so much healthier than store-bought veggie burgers! To make a traditional taco burger, you can garnish it with jack cheese, salsa, chili peppers, or whatever you’d enjoy on your tacos! The taco seasoning in these is what makes them special, and the simplicity of this makes it a repeat-recipe for sure, plus it is so great to have lunch on-hand from the freezer anytime!
Check out these great recipes from the Sunday Supper bloggers:
Healthy Make Ahead Freezer Meals
Frozen Fruits and Veggies
- 3 Easy Make-Ahead Smoothie Bags for the Freezer by Percolate Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mash Potatoes by April Golightly
- Easy Whole30 BBQ Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Make-Ahead Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowls by Wholistic Woman
- Roasted Vegetable Bisque by Bites of Wellness
- Spinach Baked Ziti Make Ahead Freezer Meal by Sunday Supper
- Vegetable Soup with Meatballs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by Pies and Plots
Preparing Some Proteins
- Chicken Sausage and Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Five-Layer Pasta Pie by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Thai Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Make-Ahead & Freeze Black Bean Taco Burgers by Hardly A Goddess
- Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sang Choy Bao – Chinese lettuce wraps by Caroline’s Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
This post is also linked up with Foodie Friday for their make-ahead theme this week!