No boil noodles. This is my answer for you. I know you were wondering, how the heck you were supposed to make Vegetable Lasagna on a weeknight?! No-boil noodles are my new favorite convenience food. That, and the 3 minute pasta. Pasta is fast already, you say? Well, for time-crunched crazy, 3 minute pasta has saved my a@# at least a few times this fall! I scoffed too, when I first saw it at the grocery store. “3-minute pasta? Isn’t pasta fast enough? How lazy are people?” Well…I tried it and now I am sold. Over to the dark side.
Feeding my kids a healthy dinner, has gotten WAY easier! Anyhoo…
For this lasagna, it is imperative that you have veggies. If your kids don’t eat them, like mine- well, I am sorry. I feel your pain. But consider this a good thing, because now, you will have lots of leftovers for you and your husband to eat selfishly all week long, and your kids can eat 3 minute pasta with butter whenever they want to! Here’s what I did:
I sauteed the veggies:
1 zucchini, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
Saute them in a pan, and season generously with salt and pepper- cook until they are soft.
While this is cooking, I mixed up the cheese:
16 oz. ricotta
8 oz. mozzarella, divided
1/2 cup parm
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 cup fresh parsely, chopped fine
Then I just layer with my favorite marinara sauce and the no-cook pasta sheets!
Bake for 45 minutes at 375*, and you are eating! I have been in a hurry and done 400*, for 35 minutes- just sayin’. Lasagna on a weeknight. You are so awesome! Even if your kids are eating buttered pasta.
Here’s the printable recipe~
Weeknight Vegetable Lasagna
For feeding a crowd or for a few with plenty of leftovers, this Vegetable Lasagna is a comforting and healthy meal that is easy enough for a weeknight!
For the recipe
- 1 tsp. oil
- 9-10 sheets of oven-ready lasagna pasta sheets (one package)
- 1 jar of marinara sauce or your favorite homemade sauce
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. ricotta
- 8 oz. mozzarella, divided to reserve half of this for the top of the lasagna
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Preheat the oven to 375* (Skip this step if you are cooking this later)
- Spray a 9X13" pan and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add 1 tsp. of oil and saute your veggies, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- While the veggies cook, mix your cheese mixture ingredients in a large bowl.
- When the veggies are soft, you can assemble the lasagna:
- In in 9X13" pan, and add a thin layer of marinara sauce. Place 3 sheets of pasta to cover the bottom- they will have a little space between them, and that's okay since they expand while cooking.
- Layer half of the cheese mixture on top of the pasta, then half the veggies. A second layer of the pasta, a little sauce, rest of cheese, rest veggies. The third layer is just three more (and I broke one in two to totally cover my dish) pasta sheets. Add about a cup of sauce on top. Sprinke the other 4 ounces of cheese on top and cover with foil.
- You can either put in the oven right away an cook at 375* for 45 minutes
- You can refrigerate this for up to 24 hours (YEA!) and cook the at 375* for 60 minutes.
Can prepare ahead and freeze or keep refrigerated, unbaked for up to 24 hours before cooking.
Please attribute this recipe: Show it came from hardlyagoddess.com
Make it ahead- Heck, make two! One for me and one for you! One for the freezer and one for now! Enjoy!
A GREAT Meatless Monday meal!